Tacos are always a great idea, and to welcome the Second Edition of the American Express Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf the local and guest chefs shall be creating their unique interpretation of Tacos based on their varied heritage. Who wouldn’t want to try delicious tacos with Korean, English, Argentine and even Spanish influences? The traditional taco is already a definite crowd pleaser, however this event shall allow all of our esteemed guest and local chefs to inject their personal flare, taste and history into this Mexican staple dish. Enjoy all the delicious tacos with a unique array of cocktails by guest mixologists, Mexican wines and local craft beer.
So, be sure not to miss the opening dinner “A World of Tacos” presented by Aeromexico/Delta at El Pueblito at Mayakoba, the perfect backdrop for an evening to remember, on Thursday April 20th at 7:00 pm. Enjoy and Viva Mexico!
Take a look at the Chefs that shall be wowing us with their unique taco creating during the opening event:
- David Andrews (England) – Fish & Chips Taco
- Diane Dimeo (Korea) – Koren Fried Chicken & Kimchi Slaw
- Vivian Howard (USA) – Blueberry BBQ Pork
- Eva Millan (Spain) – Octopus Taco with Romesco Sauce
- Karla Enciso (Mexico) – Shrimp and Pork Rinds Taco
- Guido Tassi (Argentina) – Grilled Sausage Taco
- Lula Martin de Campo (Mexico) – Wild Bore Tacos
- Mirko Cappa (Italia) – Beef Shank Tacos
- Eric de Maeyer (Belgium) – Short Rib Taco
- Vincent Wallez (France) – Short Rib Taco with Black Garlic
- Gaston Yellich (Uruguay) – Beef Tongue Taco
- Ernesto Aruillera Rodas (Mexico) – Pejelagarto Taco with Amashita Chile
Which creation are you most looking forward to? The American Express Mayakoba Masters of Food, Wine & Golf is a three day celebration of gourmet experiences, world renowned golf and bespoke moments at Mayakoba. An exclusive event which allows guests from around the world to enjoy Riviera Maya to the fullest, while savouring dishes from distinguished chefs and polishing their golf skills with Golf legends such as Lorena Ochoa and Alex Quiroz.
El Pueblito at Mayakoba takes its inspiration from traditional plazas from around Mexico and has become a premier location in Riviera Maya for the best events in the area. If you are visiting or live in Cancun, Playa or Riviera Maya, be sure to come by and taste the delicious offerings at the restaurants by the Mayakoba resorts, an afternoon of shopping in the colourful boutiques or simply relaxing by admiring the beautiful chapel. Don’t forget to visit El Pueblito on Sundays, were a Farmers Market brings together the best local products for sale, find anything from arts, crafts, organic produce, skin care, craft beer and more!